The pink ones I made with a skirt that I bought at Target on sale (the Liberty of London line) to match the girls’ outfits for the family photos we did.
And the blue and green ones are from some clothes that had gotten some bleach stains (not by me!) on them and were destined for the thrift store.
So, I saved some $$ and got some CUTE hair posies as well.
So, I changed a few things, so I’ll just show the whole process here and I’ll show on a posie with contrasting colors to make it easier to see what I’m doing.
Start by downloading the AWESOME template Blair posted and cut out all your pieces. I like having a large piece of felt for the backing to support the fabric, so my circle is rather large. I find that otherwise the fabric will get too floppy after a while.
Layer the 2 bigger pieces (however looks good to you) and then fold all the smaller ones in half.
Now I started by placing 2 of the halves together and then added the other 2 as shown in the pics.
Now, I went ahead and used my sewing machine to stitch the layers in place in a little square. Don’t worry, the button will cover it. You can also hand stitch like Blair did, but I’m a little
crazy paranoid with stuff like this :)
Now sew on your matching button (or use a regular matching button).
Then I dabbed some glue around the edges of the felt to secure it to the underside of the fabric.
As for the clips……..I like covering the clippies with ribbon first to make them extra purdy,
and then my friend Leslie told me a while ago to hot glue a small piece of velcro (I like using the “teeth” side, but the soft side works too) to the inside top to help keep them from sliding down. It works GREAT!
Now just hot glue the flower to the top of the clippie!
SO cute in their hair……
…….or clipped onto a headband.
The pink ones I made a few weeks ago, so they are getting some cute fraying around the edges. But, you can also use Fray Stop if you don’t like that.
p.s. STILL no Tink…….but keep those suggestions coming!! I’m finding TONS of other lost stuff :)